Welcome to a world of cruelty, hexes and treachery, where malicious magic rules and you are but a single necromancer’s spell away from eternal terror.
From malevolent medieval magicians to Wild West witches, this spellbinding volume by a master of the macabre is packed with frightening fables guaranteed to send a supernatural chill down your spine.
Amongst the haunting historical horror stories, you’ll meet:
- A half-crazed girl locked up in a high security mental hospital by those accusing her of causing a devastating earthquake.
- An impoverished French noblewoman who’ll stop at nothing to marry her daughter to a wealthy prince – even if it means dabbling with a dangerous love potion.
- The hated public executioner Pandora whose fabled box has already killed 55 men – without leaving a trace of violence on their bodies.
- Wily witch Merta who uses all her wits and trickery to turn the tables on the corrupt Mayor who wants her burnt alive at the stake.
- A faery mage without conscience or pity with the perfect plan to make Mankind turn on itself – and all it takes is one innocent baby.
- A drought-stricken frontier town that seeks magical help from the local Indian tribe to make it rain, but learns it comes at a terrible cost.
- The doubt-ridden King, plagued by nightmares of his death, who consults an enchantress to learn the most of hidden of secrets: just when the Grim Reaper will claim him.
- A Mid Western widow who is convinced her homesteading husband is still alive, held hostage by a sorceress.
If you’re thrilled by exciting dark fantasy tales, with cunning twists, edge-of -the seat tension and unexpected shivers, you’ll love Game of Crones. Pick it up today. If you dare…
I really enjoy this author’s stories so I was delighted to be able get my hands on Game of Crones which is a combination book of several of his short stories that he has now brought together – and I must say I love that name for the book, it is very apt!
This book has a number of short stories that cover witchcraft, dark and sinister actions and the macabre and not quite sure what it says about me but I loved them all and devoured the book in a few hours!
I love the author’s ability to bring his stories to life and he creates some fantastic characters. I loved being able to pick the book up in between different tasks, and as the stories were short they were real treats as some took no longer than ten minutes to read so perfect for a quick cup of coffee – and enjoy that he crams in such a lot in a short space, so they are well developed too!
It is five stars from me for this one, it is a well written book with some fabulous stories inside, I really enjoyed it and it is definitely one that I will be very highly recommending!! Can’t wait to see what he releases next!!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jay Raven is the author of Gothic chillers and historical horror reminding readers that the past is a dangerous place to venture, full of monsters and murderous men. He blames his fascination with vampires, witches and werewolves on the Hammer Horror films he watched as a teenager, but living in a creepy old house on the edge of a 500-acre wood may have something to do with it.
If you would like to be informed of new releases, enjoy free short stories and access exclusive giveways and competitions, please subscribe to Jay’s monthly newsletter on his website at www.jayraven.co.uk
Social Media Links –