Former TV star Brandi Tyler’s big screen debut crashed and burned amid rumors of an affair with her married co-star… Now, she wants nothing more than to quietly slink away from Hollywood. When she’s offered an opportunity to get out of town and work on a project involving the photographer that launched her career, it seems like the perfect escape! Unfortunately for Brandi, her famous face makes hiding out even a huge city like Houston a little tricky.
When the celebrated photographer’s son offers to let her use his home for privacy, it seems like everything is falling into place. Little does she know that Michael Ames a gorgeous best selling author, and he comes with the package! As Brandi makes her way through old photographs and new scandals, Michael struggles with his next project, and they both fight the growing attraction between them.
Maybe a posse of new girlfriends, some Texas-sized boozy brunches, and a little private time in the writer’s room will help this leading lady find her path back onscreen. And, if she can just picture it, maybe this time she’ll even find love?
MY INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR!
1. When did you know that you wanted to be an author? I think I knew I wanted to be an author as soon as I understood that it was an actual job! However, it took me a long time to really trust that my impulse to create stories and to write them down was something other than a silly past time or hobby. As much admiration and respect as I had for all the authors I love, I just couldn’t see myself as someone who had enough imagination to be a real author.
2. What inspired you to write this book? It’s funny… as with most things in my life, I sort of went about writing this series backwards. One night when my kids were really little, I was out with a girlfriend. A sort of Mom’s Night Out. At some point, we were talking about what life would be like when were weren’t in the weeds of early motherhood… Like, when every other thought wouldn’t be, “Did I remember to pack a snack?” or “Am I doing this right?”. So, we were kind of fantasizing about our dream jobs and how hard it was to imagine ourselves taking those risks… What came out of that (admittedly tipsy) conversation was the basis for my Writer’s Room series. I thought that it could be whole group of women who would be brave and mess up and try again and fail forward and find their own happily ever after. But, it took me quite a while to actually figure out how to tell those stories, because I had to be brave enough to do all of those things myself, too: mess up, fail, try again.
3. If you could sell this book in one sentence what would it be? Bombshell bombs out of Hollywood, but while sorting through the past, learns that friendship, laughter, and maybe even love could lead to her next big thing.
4. What are you up to next? I am currently working on the next book in my Writer’s Room series. This time, we get to see what happens when a perfectionistic personal concierge meets someone who doesn’t need her services at all. Readers might remember Kayla from the first two Writer’s Room books, but this time she gets her own story… So far, it’s been so fun and challenging to write, because she’s falling for someone the readers have already met.
5. Who is your biggest inspiration? There are so many female writers that I adore, who made me brave enough to try writing. Women like Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Jennifer Crusie, Sophie Kinsella, Helen Fielding, Lauren Weisberger… But, I’m mostly inspired by the girlfriends in my life who have done ordinary, extraordinarily hard things, like picking a new career path, moving across the country, and just figuring out how to adult! Outside of my immediate family, they are the funniest, best parts of my life, and I find them incredibly inspiring.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Born in Montreal but raised in New England, author Michelle L. E. Price has been writing as long as anyone can remember. An avid reader who was on the verge of losing her mind as a mom to two small children, Michelle began writing her first book, Hidden in the Writer’s Room, as an escape… at least her characters would do exactly what she told them to do and she could always count on a happily ever after ending. She also enjoys wine, re-watching 90’s sitcoms and occasionally running, but heavily relies on writing to stay sane. Michelle is a firm believer that laughter and love are the best parts of life.
Social Media Links –